Thank you SO much for stopping by for our final week’s feature on The Geek Equestrian blog. We, at the Aiken Equine Rescue, are successful because we have a strong and faithful support system. We have been blessed with generous donors, volunteers, and adopters. More horses are helped each day because of a web of fearless leaders holding it all together.
If you’re just reading about us, you may be wondering how you could become a part of our family. Well, if you remember from our first post, we offer tours Monday through Saturday 9 am to 1 pm for anyone to learn about our facility. That would be a great place to start if you’re near Aiken, if you’re making a trip soon to visit family, or if you need to get away for the weekend! I promise that you will be greeted with limitless hospitality and a friendly smile.
On the other hand, if you’ve already visited the farm but you haven’t made a commitment to donate or to volunteer, I encourage you to check out our website. We have detailed descriptions of our volunteer programs and donation needs and you’ll find that there are many ways to engage in our community.
Just because I like to check boxes, I compiled a list of the top 5 ways that you can become involved in the Aiken Equine Rescue and continue to support our mission.
1) Donate monetarily by using our website or by mailing a check to:
Aiken Equine Rescue
532 Glenwood Drive
Aiken, SC 29803
2) Volunteer to help with daily chores and enrichment activities
or with a special event
3) Donate gently used /new horse related items for our tack sales (tack, riding apparel, buckets, large equipment, trailers, etc.)
4) Spread the word about us and invite your friends, family, and coworkers to tour or to visit our website
5) Like our Facebook page (Equine Rescue of Aiken) for daily news and special events and needs (feel free to share our posts, too!)
We look forward to making new friends, to rescuing more horses and giving them new careers, and to spreading the love we have for our community! Thank you for reading!